Slow cooked pot roast is one of my family’s favorite dishes to eat. It is simple to make and taste heavenly, poured over a bowl of creamy mashed potatoes with a side of warm buttery bread served along with it.
It is a filling nourishing meal that warms you to the bones on a chilly day.
Best of all, a large pot of this stuff makes excellent left overs too.
Why I love Crock Pot Meals?
Crock pot meals are some of my favorite meals to make because you can toss food into the crock pot to create a meal and allow the crock pot to do the rest.
In my house, I don’t always have the time to stand over the stove and cook up a home cooked meal, which is why I love my crock-pot.
It can cook up a home cooked meal for my family by dinner time while I am doing other tasks I must get done around the house or outside the house.
One of my favorite crock pot meals to make is slow cooked pot roast. The pot roast turns out tender, juicy and full of hearty beefy flavor.
As side dishes, I like to add in some creamy mashed potatoes and some warm slices of buttered bread.
These two side dishes are extremely simple to make and taste wonderful with not only slow cooked pot roast, but with slow cooked beef stew and seasoned chicken too.
To get a creamy mashed potato recipe and a basic bread recipe, take a look at the recipes below. They are some of my family’s favorites. You will even find my famous slow cooked pot roast recipe too.
Slow Cooked Pot Roast Recipe
- 5-10 pound Angus Beef Pot Roast
- Two Cups of Beef Broth
- Cup of Diced Carrots
- Cup of Diced Onions
- Cup of Diced Celery
- 1/2 Cup of Frozen Peas
- 1 TBSP. of Dried Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Each of Salt, Dried Basil, and Oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Black Pepper
- Place all ingredients into the crock-pot.
- Turn the crock-pot on high heat for the first 4 hours.
- After lower the heat to low for the next 2-4 hours.
- Pot Roast will be ready when the beef is fork tender, moist and juicy.
Basic Homemade Bread
- All you need is a homemade pizza dough!
- Stick of Butter for Greasing the Pan.
- Roll your pizza dough into a ball.
- Set it on a well-greased baking sheet coated in cornmeal.
- Allow the dough to double in size some place warm.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Slice up with a bread knife and serve up warm with some butter spread.
Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- 8 to 10 Large Golden Yellow Potatoes Diced Up
- 1/4 Teaspoon Each of Salt & Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Each of Garlic and Onion Power
- 1 Tablespoon of Dried Parsley
- 6 Tablespoons of Butter
- 1/4 Cup of Whole Milk
- 1/4 Cup of Sour Cream
- Place your diced potatoes in a large pot of water. Bring the water to a roaring boil and cook the potatoes until fork tender.
- Strain your potatoes from the boiling water and toss them into a mixer, or mixing bowl.
- Add in the butter, milk, herbs, spices and sour cream.
- Blend the ingredients together until you get creamy mashed potatoes.
Serve the potatoes up hot with a meal such as the pot roast dinner.