This evening, I am keeping this post short and sweet on our family’s favorite treat.
The treat is our tasty frozen dark chocolate covered banana pops.
I love making them with the kids because I know the ingredients that go into them and they are gluten free and dairy free.
Most importantly, they are quick and simple to make with little ones whose attention spanned last no more than 10 minutes if that.
Ingredients and Materials Needed
- 1 banana slices up into 1-inch thick circles (you can cut them thicker)
- 1 cup of melted dark chocolate
- ¼ cup of sprinkles
- Package of popsicle sticks
- Wax paper
Directions for Making the Pops
- Melted the dark chocolate in a small pan on low heat until it is melted chocolate. After, remove it from the stove and place it right next to your sliced bananas.
- Place a popsicle stick in the center of each sliced banana.
- Dip the banana slice into the melted dark chocolate until it is coated and lay it out flat onto a wax paper lined plate.
- Sprinkle your favorite sprinkles onto the top of the pops. ( We love using heart sprinkles )
- Freeze the pops in the freezer for about 30 minutes to an hour.
- Take the pops out of the freezer and eat them up as a tasty healthy snack, sweet treat or dessert.
End Thoughts to Keep in Mind
We loves these little banana pops because they are perfect size and treat for our little ones.
If you have older kiddos you are making these for you might just want to slice the bananas into halves, place the stick into the center of them and coat them with chocolate for bigger kiddo treats, but I honestly love the little ones.
Even I think the little slices banana dipped in chocolate is just the right size and amount to cure my sweet tooth.