It was Valentine’s Day and I was looking to make a treat for the family that didn’t involve chocolate.
Don’t get me wrong I love chocolate, but wanted something homemade and filled with love.
So, I made a rustic blueberry tart, or it could be a pie. You can call it what you wish. It was fairly simple to make it, and to my surprise tasted delightful.
It took me roughly 45 minutes to make and took us less than 15 minutes to gobble up.
It was sweet and tart in flavor and a refreshing change from that Valentine’s Day chocolate.
- Store bought gluten free pie crust or use an all-purpose flour butter crust one, or make one yourself
- 2 cups of frozen wild blueberries
- Teaspoon of cornstarch
- Teaspoon of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
Directions for Making the Blueberry Treat
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a pie dish with butter.
- Lay the pie crust into the pie dish.
- Pour wild blueberries, cornstard, lemon juice, sugar, spices and vanilla into a small mixing dish and combine together.
- Pour the blueberry mix into the center of the pie crust.
- Fold the pie crust edges into towards the center of the blueberries by about ½ inch or an inch. Doesn’t have to look perfect. Remember it’s a rustic dish.
- Place the blueberry tart into the oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 30 minutes.
- Slice the tart up into slices and serve up with whip topping, vanilla custard, or ice cream, and eat up.
Hope you enjoy this sweet treat and this super quick post! More to come soon.