These straightforward Italian recipes will definitely make your weekend memorable and complete.
Easy to prepare, and mouthwatering as well; as is usually with Italian recipes; these recipes will sure make any banquet one of a kind.
These easy Italian recipes are definitely worth noting in your recipe book.
Let’s get started already!
Most people cherish chicken; no matter how its prepared. But dear, we are talking about Italian recipe here for chicken; so am sure you are boiling with excitement to see how this one is prepared.
The cost for this specific recipe is moderate and you can prepare this dish during family get together, casual dinner party, family birthday party and other more casual events.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 to 4 tablespoons canola or safflower oil, plus more if needed
- 4 tsps unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and minced
- 3 tsps capers, drained
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CHICKEN PICATA
- First thing to do is rinse the chicken, pound it, add salt and pepper to taste
- Place the flour in a bowl, add pepper and salt and mix properly.
- Heat 1tsp of butter and 2tsp of oil in a pan, put the chicken in the flour and press gently. Then place it in the pan.
- Allow to fry until you notice a brown color. Make sure you fry it portion by portion to avoid overcrowding of the pan.
- Repeat for the remaining chicken using 1 minute each, add more oil so the pan doesn’t dry off.
- Take out the chicken and add a spoon of oil to the empty pan, add capers, lemon and garlic, allow to cook for a minute, add the wine and allow to cook for 3 minutes.
- Now add lemon juice and broths and continue to cook until it thickens, add more butter.
- Add the chicken, allow to cook for 3 minutes, place on a plate, add sauce and serve warm.
CHICKEN PARMESAN BAKE
The Italian dish, chicken parmesan is a recipe that should not be missing in any family outing or occasion. Whether it’s a birthday, family reunion or get together, if this dish is not available; then the party is probably not complete.
This dish will not just make your palates happy, but put a smile on your face as well.
It’s that good!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Hungarian paprika, to taste
- Garlic salt, such as Lawry’s, to taste
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 whole chickens, cut into 10 pieces (about 7 pounds total)
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 cups tomato sauce, homemade or store-bought
PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CHICKEN PARMESAN BAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F, spray the pan and in a bowl mix flour, pepper, salt, paprika and garlic thoroughly
- In a different bowl put egg and atoner bowl put panko, dredge the chicken first in the flour, then next the egg and lastly the panko bowl.
- Place the chicken in the roasting pan and allow for 35 minutes, check if it turns brown, then turn it upside down.
- Put the already sliced mozzarella on the chicken and add tomato sauce, continue baking until the cheese has melted. Place on a plate and serve.
This is a delicious dish as with the other recipes already considered, but in order to really enjoy it the more, you have to be careful not to overcook the calamari else it will become tough and tasteless.
To ensure that it is properly made, just maintain a temperature of 300 degree F to 350 degree F.
- 1 pound cleaned squid (see Notes)
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons semolina flour or stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons salt, preferably kosher
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 to 4 cups peanut oil
- Lemon wedges or 1 cup Marinara Sauce, for serving
PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CALAMRI FRITTI
- Cut the squid into ½ inch thick horizontally, cut the tentacles also into half, and use paper towels to pat the squid dry.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper and semolina in a bowl and add the pieces of squid. Shake the mixture and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan pour oil, heat until it reaches 375 degree F. Now, add one-quarter of the squid pieces to the hot oil and fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove and place on a spoon, drain on paper towels, repeat for the remaining squid.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
GRILLED CHICKEN PESTO TOPPED WITH MARINATED TOMATOES
This dish consists of tender grilled chicken flavored with basil pesto and served with garlic or herbs.
Let’s get started.
- 8 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup Basil Pesto, or use a favorite store-bought brand
- ¼ cup strained fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Strained juice from 1 juicy lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 generous teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup each freshly chopped basil leaves and cilantro
- 16 ripe plum (Roma) tomatoes, cut in half through the middle and seeded (skins intact)
- 6 basil sprigs for garnish (optional)
PROCEDURE FOR MAKING GRILLED CHICKEN PESTO TOPPED WITH MARINATED TOMATOES
- Place half of the chicken breast on the centre of a sheet of paper and the other half on another paper. Try to thin the chicken and level it on the paper. Remove the paper and stack the chicken in a dish.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the chicken pieces, then mix the pesto with lemon juice and pour all over the chicken. Cover the dish and allow to chill for 30 minutes.
- Combine the olive oil with garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, mustard and pepper. Add the tomatoes and fold together. Cover the bowl and keep it aside.
- Preheat the gas grill, grill the chicken until cooked throughout for 6 minutes. Now remove the chicken breast on a serving plate and allow to rest.
- Now serve the chicken with hot or room temperature, top with marinated tomatoes. Garnish with basil sprig.
STUFFED DUCK WITH NAPA CABBAGE
This recipe is made with homemade chicken that will leave you salivating while preparing the dish.
For the Duck:
- 1 duck (about 4 lbs/2 kg), whole
- 1 tsp of butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Oil for deep-frying
- 9 cups (2 ¼ liters) Chicken Stock or 4 ½ teaspoons chicken stock granules mixed with 9 cups (2 ¼ liters) hot water
- 1 leek, halved
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sherry or brandy
- 1 whole Chinese or Napa cabbage, washed and sliced
For the Stuffing:
- 2 onions, diced
- 5 button mushrooms, quartered
- 5 oz (150 g) ham, diced
- 10 oz (300 g) ground pork
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
For the Chicken Stock:
- 1 chicken (2 lbs/1kg)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 cup (100 g) diced onions
- 1 cup (250 ml) mushroom water (optional)
- 6–8 cups (1 ½ –2 liters) water
PROCEDURE FOR MAKING STUFFED DUCK WITH NAPA CABBAGE
For the chicken stock
- Place all the ingredients in a pot and allow to a boil. Cut back the warmth and simmer, cover, over low heat till the chicken is tender, for 40 minutes. Put aside to chill.
- Strain well and discard the solids. Keeps within the deep freezer for 1–3 months.
- Alternatively, use canned stock, stock powder or buillon cubes. If using instant stocks, cut down the quantity of patis, salt or condiment involved in the recipe as instant stocks contain salt.
For the duck
- Make the stuffing by sautéing the onions, mushrooms, ham and pork within the butter till the onions are soft and semi-transparent. Strain the mixture, reserve the liquid and set the ingredients aside in a bowl to cool down. Once cooled, add the eggs and breadcrumbs, and blend well. Set aside.
- Rinse the duck within and out. Rub the butter, salt and pepper on the duck skin and within its cavity. Then, stuff and truss the duck.
- Heat the oil and fry the duck till the skin is bronzed. Take away the duck from the oil and cook in a giant pot with the reserved stuffing liquid for twenty minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, leek, bay leaves and fortified wine and cook over low heat for one hour, turning doubly, till the meat is tender. Take away the duck and keep heat.
- Add the cabbage to the stock and cook for 20 minutes till half-done. Take away the cabbage and leek, and simmer the remaining preparation liquid for 30 – 45 minutes till it thickens to the consistency of gravy.
- Slice the duck, and serve with the stuffing, vegetables and also the gravy on the aspect.
These are some of the best Italian recipes that you should really give a try. They are not just tailored for dinner but good for all occasions as well.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.