These straightforward Italian recipes will definitely make your weekend memorable and complete.
Easy to prepare, and mouthwatering as well; as is usually with Italian recipes; these recipes will sure make any banquet one of a kind.
These easy Italian recipes are definitely worth noting in your recipe book.
Let’s get started already!
Most people cherish chicken; no matter how its prepared. But dear, we are talking about Italian recipe here for chicken; so am sure you are boiling with excitement to see how this one is prepared.
The cost for this specific recipe is moderate and you can prepare this dish during family get together, casual dinner party, family birthday party and other more casual events.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 to 4 tablespoons canola or safflower oil, plus more if needed
- 4 tsps unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and minced
- 3 tsps capers, drained
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CHICKEN PICATA
- First thing to do is rinse the chicken, pound it, add salt and pepper to taste
- Place the flour in a bowl, add pepper and salt and mix properly.
- Heat 1tsp of butter and 2tsp of oil in a pan, put the chicken in the flour and press gently. Then place it in the pan.
- Allow to fry until you notice a brown color. Make sure you fry it portion by portion to avoid overcrowding of the pan.
- Repeat for the remaining chicken using 1 minute each, add more oil so the pan doesn’t dry off.
- Take out the chicken and add a spoon of oil to the empty pan, add capers, lemon and garlic, allow to cook for a minute, add the wine and allow to cook for 3 minutes.
- Now add lemon juice and broths and continue to cook until it thickens, add more butter.
- Add the chicken, allow to cook for 3 minutes, place on a plate, add sauce and serve warm.
CHICKEN PARMESAN BAKE
The Italian dish, chicken parmesan is a recipe that should not be missing in any family outing or occasion. Whether it’s a birthday, family reunion or get together, if this dish is not available; then the party is probably not complete.
This dish will not just make your palates happy, but put a smile on your face as well.
It’s that good!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Hungarian paprika, to taste
- Garlic salt, such as Lawry’s, to taste
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 whole chickens, cut into 10 pieces (about 7 pounds total)
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 cups tomato sauce, homemade or store-bought
PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CHICKEN PARMESAN BAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F, spray the pan and in a bowl mix flour, pepper, salt, paprika and garlic thoroughly
- In a different bowl put egg and atoner bowl put panko, dredge the chicken first in the flour, then next the egg and lastly the panko bowl.
- Place the chicken in the roasting pan and allow for 35 minutes, check if it turns brown, then turn it upside down.
- Put the already sliced mozzarella on the chicken and add tomato sauce, continue baking until the cheese has melted. Place on a plate and serve.
This is a delicious dish as with the other recipes already considered, but in order to really enjoy it the more, you have to be careful not to overcook the calamari else it will become tough and tasteless.
To ensure that it is properly made, just maintain a temperature of 300 degree F to 350 degree F.
- 1 pound cleaned squid (see Notes)
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons semolina flour or stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons salt, preferably kosher
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 to 4 cups peanut oil
- Lemon wedges or 1 cup Marinara Sauce, for serving
PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CALAMRI FRITTI
- Cut the squid into ½ inch thick horizontally, cut the tentacles also into half, and use paper towels to pat the squid dry.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper and semolina in a bowl and add the pieces of squid. Shake the mixture and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan pour oil, heat until it reaches 375 degree F. Now, add one-quarter of the squid pieces to the hot oil and fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove and place on a spoon, drain on paper towels, repeat for the remaining squid.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.