In this recipes article, I will be sharing two nutritious sweet and sour recipes for the family. These are dishes I find myself preparing for my family constantly, and I am sure you will find them nutritious and easy enough to make to include in your recipes.
Let’s get started.
Nutritious Sweet and Sour Recipes
Sweet and Sour Sauce with Pineapple Chunks
Sweet and Sour Sauce is very easy to make, but if you prefer to buy yours in a jar you can do that instead.
However, I think homemade sweet & sour sauce taste the best.
- Two Cups of Pineapple Juice
- One Cup of Chunked Pineapples
- Half Cup of Finely Chopped Red Peppers
- Half Cup of Finely Chopped Green Peppers
- Half Cup of Soy Sauce
- Half Cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pinch Each of Salt, Black Pepper and Cayenne Pepper
- Two to Three Tablespoons of Cornstarch
- One Large Cup of Brown Sugar
- Place all ingredients in a large saucepan and simmer on the stove for thirty minutes.
- All the sugars to dissolve and all the flavors to mellow together.
- Add in ingredients as you go to achieve the sweet & sour flavor you desire.
- Soon as sauce thickens, remove from the stove and use up with any dish you please.
Sweet and Sour Turkey Meatballs
I love sweet and sour meatballs.
Some of my favorite meatballs to make and use in this sweet and sour dish are turkey meatballs.
I am not a ground beef kind of girl.
I like to keep things lean and healthy, yet filling and tasty. Even my sweet and sour sauce is made from scratch to help keep this dish as homemade as possible and full of sweet and sour flavor.
If you are looking for a new nourishing and filling recipe to try out, these sweet and sour turkey meatballs are perfect to make.
Just follow the simple recipes below and soon you will have a sweet and sour turkey meatball dinner with white rice to help fill your tummy right up.
The worst kind of turkey meatballs to eat are dried up ones with no flavor.
This simple turkey meatball recipe will give you the most tender juicy flavorful turkey meatballs you have ever had in your life.
- Two Pounds of Ground Turkey Burger
- Tablespoon of Dried Parsley
- Four Slices of Crumbed Up White Bread
- Two Eggs
- One Cup of Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- Tablespoon of Milk
- 1/4 Teaspoon Each of Salt and Black Pepper
- Teaspoon Each of Onion and Garlic Powder
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and combine them together using a mixing machine or hand mixer.
- Mix ingredients until a turkey meatball dough forms that isn’t overly mushy in texture.
- Take some of the dough with your hands and make some large round even meatballs.
- Place the meatballs into a deep well-greased casserole dish.
- Cover the dish with tinfoil.
- Place the dish of meatballs into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and you will have your tender juicy turkey meatballs.
Instant White Rice
The kind of rice I use in my sweet and sour meatball recipe is instant white rice.
It is the easiest to make and it taste pretty darn good.
- Box of Instant White Rice
Follow the instructions on the back of the instant white rice box.
There you have it!
Two nutritious sweet-sour recipes that is sure to give you and your family that delicious meal time, and ensure you have a bellyful of homemade recipes that is sure to leave the taste buds wanting for more.
Do try them out, and have a great time doing so!