CRISPY CHICKEN AND APPLE SLAW
- ½ white cabbage, shredded
- ½ small onion, finely sliced
- 4 celery sticks, sliced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 200g pot fat-free Greek yogurt
For the chicken
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100g garlic and herb dried breadcrumb
- 4 frozen corn cobs
- barbecue sauce, to serve
PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CRISPY CHICKEN AND APPLE SLAW
- Mix the salad ingredients with some seasoning, then put aside, this may be wrapped to get chilled. Bring a big pan of water to the boil, then cook the corn cobs for 8-10 minutes till tender and sautéed through.
- Heat the grill to high. Pour the flour, egg and breadcrumbs into separate plates. Dip the chicken into the flour, then the egg, then coat within the breadcrumbs. Lay the chicken onto a baking sheet and grill for two minutes on both sides. Serve the tender chicken with the salad and corn cobs, and a bowl of sauce to dunk on the facet.
CUSTARD AND WHITE CHOCOLATE BISCUITS
This dish is super simple, its s chocolate chip cookie
- 140g butter
- Butter, softened
- 175g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 225g self-rising flour
- 85g custard powder
- 85g white chocolate, chopped into small chunks
PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CUSTARD AND WHITE CHOCOLATE BISCUITS
- Firstly, heat the oven to 180C. Spread 2-3 baking sheets with baking parchment, place the butter and sugar in the oven and whizz till light-weight and downy. Add the egg and vanilla, and blend well. Sift along the flour and dish powder, then tip into the bowl and mix into a dough. Turn off the oven and mix the chocolate in by hand.
- Roll the dough into balls a bit smaller than a walnut, then place on the baking sheets, and press every biscuit down gently together with your fingers.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes till gently golden. Take away and funky on a wire rack.
STICKY GLAZED RIBS
This dish will leave you licking your fingers all through.
- 2kg spare ribs, cut into individual ribs
- 2 tbsp barbecue spice mix
For the glaze
- 150g tomato ketchup
- 140g chilli ketchup
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- Soy sauce
- 140g runny honey
- 3 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 4 tablespoon bourbon whiskey
PROCEDURE FOR MAKING STICKY GLAZED RIBS
- Firstly, heat the oven to 160C. Place the ribs in a very big bowl, then toss with the spice mix. Place a wire rack in a pan and organize the ribs in a very layer, then cook for one hour, till it turn brown and tender.
- Meanwhile, to form the glaze, place the ketchups, soy sauce, honey, dish and hard drink, if using, into a pan, stir well and leave the mixture to a simmer. Simmer for five minutes till thickened and sticky, then remove from the oven.
- Once the ribs are done, remove from the oven and increase the warmth to 200C mix the pair of tongs, dip every rib within the glaze, then come back to the rack. Place back in the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, read the glaze once more, then come back to the oven for an additional 10-12 minutes till sticky. Serve hot with the fall salad (see below), chips if you would like, and an enormous pile of napkins.
BAKED BUFFALO CHICKEN WINGS
Stickily spiced chicken wings that can make a great deal for you. This dish is unique because of the deep fried stages that are healthier compared to others.
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- olive oil
- 3 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp celery salt
- 4 tablespoon pepper
- sauce (we used Frank’s hot sauce)
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 1½ kg chicken wing, halved at the joint
PROCEDURE FOR MAKING BAKED BUFFALO CHICKEN WINGS
- In a large bowl, mix together the garlic, olive oil, cider vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt, hot sauce, honey and a couple of cracks of black pepper. Add the chicken wings and toss around to make sure they’re fully covered in the marinade. If you have time, leave the wings to marinate for a couple of hrs in the fridge or ideally overnight.
- Heat oven to 180C. Drain and reserve it, then spread the wings out on a very large baking tray. Bake for 30 mins, then pour off the excess oil, add the reserved marinade and toss well. Increase oven to 200C, Return to the oven and cook for a further 30 mins, cooking a few times to coat in the glaze as they cook. They should be sticky and glazed with most of the marinade evaporated. Serve on a large platter alongside other party snacks.
PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIES
Two of our favorite things – spread and brownies – mix to create these irresistible treats.
- 225g crunchy peanut butter
- 200g bar dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 280g soft light brown sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 100g self-rising flour
PROCEDURE FOR MAKING PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIES
- Firstly, set aside 50g every of the paste and chocolate. Heat oven to 180C, baking tin with baking parchment. Gently soften the remaining paste, chocolate and the sugar, till the sugar has with reference to liquefied. Turn off the heat and use a wood spoon to drill the eggs one by one. Add the flour and scrape into the tin.
- Once soften, paste in the microwave on High for 45 secs, or in a pan, till liquid, then drizzle over the brownie. Bake for 30-35 minutes till it’s a crust.
- Soften reserved chocolate, drizzle over the brownie, then cool within the tin before cutting into squares.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.